Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wedding party outfits

I am a sucker for a good deal. My husband jokes that only 10% of my clothes has been bought at the full price ... true. A good deal is how I ended up with 6 meters of some lovely taft fabric. It sat in my very large pile of "oh this is nice fabric maybe I can figure out to use for something one day" (right next to the pile of the "oh these scraps are way to big to throw out maybe I'll find a use for them someday").

Then a wedding invitation came along ... and with my husband uemployed the taft seemed like the perfect way to get cheap but fancy clothes for the twins and me. Well, at first just me. But then I still had sooo much fabric. So I made a dress for my three year old daughter. And since I have twins I sometimes fall into the they have to match trap, so I made a little vest for my son too.

Then my husband looked left out so I made him a tie and a little handkerchief to match the rest of us.

The pattern for my dress I bought. I added the tulle on the top for a nice little effect. I also altered a pattern for a little jacket because 1. the danish summer weather can be tricky and 2. no bare shoulders in church. I felt creative and also made a little purse too.

The patterns for the little dress and vest I found in a magazine. The tie was a little challenging. I found a pattern but I still needed something inside to stabilise the tie. When the fabric is so delicate and fine then it won't look nice. I thought I did a good job but my husband thought it was a bit crooked. Hey it was my first tie! But he caved and wore it. I think we look lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment