Saturday, January 12, 2013

Organizing the shelves in the corner cabinet

The pins I look at the most right now are pins about organizing - could be that I am dreaming but is does feel great when every thing is all neat and in it's place.

My first project was to organize my corner cabinet in the kitchen. The whole shelf can come out but it rarely does so stuff tend to pile up in the part closest to the door.


The top shelf was supposed have onionchopper, strains, measuring items, shredders etc. and the bottom shelf is my tupperware shelf. Notice all the space in the back??

First I emtied all each shelf and purged ... found several items that do not belong to us and a few things for the garbage - the kitchen is only a few years old so I already purged a few years ago.

I bought two things for this project: Curtain wire and four Samla containers from IKEA.

I needed some dividers to seperate the items on the shelf - hence the curtain wire:
 

I cut them to size and screwed the little hooks in - I used a pliers to open the hooks to fit.

Then I sorted: The items we use the most in the front and other items in the back.The Samla boxes I used for  the smaller items.

The shelves ended up looking like this:

The last thing I need to do was to figure out how to store my Tupperware bakesheet - it always fell of the shelf or was in the way. I ended up making two small loops of the curtain wire and attaching them to the holes in the cabinet that was already there. From the bits and screws that was leftover from the kitchen remodeling I found these two little things:

Then I added the loops:

Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment